Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Stork for Elli


My first attempt at a stork balloon sculpture. Friends of ours just had a baby, so I made a stork based on a design that I learned from a class I took with Colin Myers and a Dave Bartlett DVD. My wife's comments were - the head is too small and the tail is too plain. I noticed these, but because of time pressures I didn't make a larger balloon head which I had wanted and more tails feathers. Each time I do these I find that I improve. You can see the swan design that Colin did for our class and the difference. I think he did a better body by not having as many gaps between the body. I think it could be done if I just used a 360 balloons once across and not doubled back or if the length of the 360 balloons were closer.

Stork Made by Colin Myers






No comments:

Post a Comment