Monday, May 25, 2009

1st attemp at Life Size Princess


This is my first attempt at a life size princess. This is a bald headed one. I used lime green 646 because that is what I had. The hem of the skirt I used 360 balloons. The body used 2 646s that were folded over so that the cross section had a total of 4 balloons. Does that make any sense? The head I believe is a 16" Qualatex balloon. I left it bald because I wanted to see what it looked like before I tried to put hair on her.


This is my attempt on making hair. Unfortunately, I pumped up the 16" too

much and was unable to squeeze out a small bubble on top to affix the hair. So I made a helmet like hair that just sits on top of the head. I used 260 black balloons. It seems to work okay, but the back was a bit bald. So I would need to put more 260s to cover the hair and perhaps to give her a pony tail or something. I do have a rant about the 260 Onyx by Qualtex. I have had them for about a year and I've noticed that they often pop easily. Anyone else noticing this.

Anyway after a somewhat unsuccessful life size princess in my mind, I decided to buy Ken Stillman's Princess DVD from Tmyers.com. Hopefully that will get me to the next level. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment